I was nominated by Valorie from Facetfully, thank you for the nomination. I have grabbed your award shot which I think you grabbed from Ana, so I hope that’s okay 🙂
This is a good way to acknowledge my fellow bloggers and maybe meet some new ones too!
Here are the rules a nominated writer needs to do in order to accept the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their website.
- Display the award on your website — by including it in your article
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 writers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post
Questions for me from Facetfully:
1. What makes your heart sing? A perfect flower, or a beautiful melody
2. If you could trade places with someone for just one day, who would you choose?
3. Was your favourite grade school, middle school, or high school? In New Zealand that’s primary, intermediate or secondary. Probably primary school, although I had some great teachers in Secondary school, overall Primary was a blast and I learned how to play the guitar there!
4. You can go anywhere in the world tomorrow… where? oh, that’s hard. My heart is torn between Dublin or Barcelona. Okay, let’s go Dublin, my other home.
5. What is the last thing you do every day? Pray for my family and say thank you to God.
6. What prompted you to start blogging? I was suffering a bit of depression after the earthquakes and felt I needed to do something creative, so it started as a photo-a-day project on my original blog. It grew from there.
7. Can you keep a secret? Yes
8. Is it ever okay to lie? Yes … to keep a secret! Seriously? There are times when perhaps the whole truth is better off not said.
9. True or False? I am all grown up. My body is, but my brain stopped at 26.
10. Car, bus, train or plane? Train, preferably in Europe! In New Zealand it’s got to be a car.
11. What is the best place you have visited in your country? Really? Valorie, these questions are so hard! New Zealand is spoilt for places to visit, for beauty, for food, for wine, for beaches, for forests, lakes, rivers… It’s a tie between two very different places. Whangamata in the Coromandel for the perfect summer beach holiday. Moeraki for being just a most awesome wild spot. It’s coastal, one of the best restaurants in New Zealand is on the tiny wharf, it’s windswept, has the amazing boulders on the beach and has a feeling of isolation. It would be the perfect space to escape to, to write a novel.
11 random facts about me:
1. I was a newsreader on the radio the day Sir Robert Muldoon died – that was a big news day!
2. I came third in an Otago Speech Competition, aged 8. This is after throwing up off stage from nerves.
3. My medical records are in Mayo Clinic.
4. My sister (aged six at the time) named me as my parents couldn’t agree on a name.
5. I can type at 110-115 wpm.
6. I can recite the alphabet backwards.
7. I have never ridden a bicycle (though came close to learning a year ago).
8. I set the alarms off in hospitals if they ever test my oxygen saturation levels. Even as an adult the reaction of staff amuses me (I know, it’s not really that funny for them!).
9. I am terrified of birds.
10. My favourite colour is that appley/limey green.
11. My parents were told I wouldn’t live. I live … and every day is a bonus.
Questions for my nominees:
1. Glass half-full or half-empty?
2. What’s your favourite type of food?
3. What four guests would you invite to a dinner party?
4. If you didn’t do what you currently do for a living, what would you like to do?
5. What would be your dream holiday destination?
6. Name three good books to read (this is purely for me to find some new books 🙂 )
7. Your house is burning down, what do you save?
8. Cats, dogs, other, or no pets?
9. What made you start blogging?
10. When you get to 100 years old, what will you be most proud of?
Thank you – time to watch the replies!