You’ll know by now that I love music. I googled some lists for inspiration and saw the above topic. I didn’t even bother reading theirs (how rude!)…. I just started thinking about who I would want to put a CD together for me. I’m a huge U2 fan, but no, believe it or not, I wouldn’t want Bono or any of the other U2 lads to do this. I’m always keen to find new music and when I trawled through the names of artists I listen to, I figured the following people would give me the most diverse CDs to enjoy.
- Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol)
- Billy Bragg
- Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)
- K T Tunstall
- Paul Weller
- Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses)
- Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil… amongst others)
- Barnaby Weir (for a good assortment of kiwi music)
- and finally, Dermot O’Leary who would put together a list of very cool, acoustic “sad” songs – he’s partial to them on his radio show!
I was trying to think of someone “old school” and Paul Weller is about as old school as it gets on my list, but for a bit of culture I think Stephen Fry would put together a great classical album!
Oh, and I know. It wouldn’t be a Mixed CD anymore – they’re as last century as a Mixed Tape (dinosaur). It would of course be a “playlist” that they would “share”. Sigh. The technology might change but the motivation never does! 🙂