Every now and then I get creative and crafty. Mum was great at always having a project on the go and she taught me to knit, sew, crochet and cook… and with Dad taught me to garden (sort of!). We both went to learn how to make jewellery together.
I guess the “dabbling” gene is in there. I’m not a genius at any of the things I do … jack of all trades, master of none, isn’t that the phrase? But I do get great satisfaction in having a go. I just need to find my perfect craft/hobby.
I enjoyed making my mixed media project and I’ve dabbled in glass rings and recently some crochet.
Here’s a list of things I want to make:-
- Bead jewellery
- Collage of black and white photos (that I’ve taken)
- A dress from no pattern
- Home baked Lavosh from scratch (Annabel Langbein’s recipe)
- Salted caramel macaroons
- Art and music Music art like this
- “my perfect room” (a hobby room that I decorate from scratch and inspires me)
- Memory boxes (help de-clutter)
I’ll let you know how I go…