I haven’t done a list for a couple of weeks… oops.
Anyway at some point today I heard a grown man state he wished he could ride a bike. Wow! I thought I was the only one! Due to health restrictions I never learned to ride a bike. Nor swim. At age 25 I did take swimming lessons and can at least float on my back and do backstroke. Not exactly swimming, but I can’t do the breathing so it’s face up or not at all! The top of my bucket list (I don’t really have one though) is to learn to ride a bike and my brother thought he’d teach me over the christmas hols. Not that I’d be able to go far, but it would be nice to say I can do it. So it made me think of all the things I wish for, physically, mentally etc etc
So, in no particular order:
- Ride a bike
- Swim (properly)
- Own a vineyard !
- Be a landscaper or an architect
- Have a chat show like Parky or Graham (radio would do me fine, wouldn’t have to be TV as long as my guests were groovy)
- Could cook like Jamie Oliver, as easily as he does it, and with the panache although in a somewhat more feminine style!
- Play the violin
- Have a cute cafe in the south of Spain
- Be fluent in five languages like some of the europeans I met travelling.
- Sing like Emelie Sande. I can sing, and in tune, but I’m more of a choir voice
- Could sew without a pattern
That’s probably enough for now – and lots of these are things I could still aim for. The cafe and vineyard are probably dreams, but hey, what’s life without dreams? In the meantime, if I learn to ride a bike, I’ll blog about it and you’ll know. What do you wish?